Note: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these files.
- Capturing the Moment – The advantages of always having a small camera available.
- The 4 P’s of Success – What it takes to be a successful wildlife photographer.
- Self-Assigned Projects – Creating an idea bank and learning how to implement those ideas.
- A Good Foundation – Basic camera techniques are vital to consistently good photographs.
- Getting Started in Wildlife Photography – Suggestions on what to read and study to become a wildlife or nature photographer.
- Getting Back into Wildlife Photography – How Jan was able to get back into wildlife photography after rearing two daughters.
- On the Road Again – A guide for the traveling nature photographer.
- Wildlife of Cades Cove – Located in the Smoky Mountain National Park, Cades Cove is one of the best places in the Southeast to photograph. Whether you like to photograph wildlife or scenery you won’t be disappointed.
For Women Only
- Finding the Right Gear > Outdoor Clothing – Suggestions for gloves, vests, jackets, boots & waders.
- Finding the Right Gear > Camera Equipment – Everything from tripods to suitcases
Web Design and Digital Darkroom Tips
- Digital Workflow > Setting Up a Digital Darkroom – Ideal computer system – Calibrating your monitor, printer and camera. Making things work together.
- Digital Workflow > Image Management – How to label, file and manage your digital images.
- Sharing Your Photos – Ways to edit, print and upload your images.
- Adding a Copyright to Your Photos – Step by step instructions on adding a copyright to your image. Instructional Video included (Flash – swf)
- Copyright/Image Protection – Ways to discourage visitors to your site from taking your images.
- Stop Spam Harvesting – Have you ever wondered how in the world spammers got your E-mail address? Learn how you can prevent this.